Thanks for joining
Your submission has been received.
News & Articles
6 Benefits of Mulching
Mulch is an excellent, natural material that is often composed of leaves, dried grass clippings, straw, bark, wood chips and even small rocks. Mulching the soil around plants, shrubs and trees in your yard can reduce your watering needs by holding in much-needed water and help you save money on garden irrigation.
Many gardeners use mulch year-round, and here are a few reasons why I think all Orange County homeowners should mulch now:
- Increases water infiltration and prevents soil compaction.
- Relieves the force of rainwater and irrigation thereby preventing erosion, soil compaction and crusting.
- Helps conserve moisture in the plant zone.
- Stabilizes the soil temperature.
- Helps to suppress weeds.
- Most cities in Orange County give away free mulch.
Most cities in Orange County give away FREE mulch a few times a year, so please check your city’s website to see if it is offered in your area. You can also find great deals on mulch through CalRecycle’s directory of Compost and Mulch Facilities to give your landscape a fresh look and to prevent water runoff.
Have you mulched your plants and trees yet? If so, submit some photos to email@example.com
to be featured on our homepage!