Thanks for joining
Your submission has been received.
News & Articles
Automatic Shut-Off Nozzles – What’s the big deal?
Do you have any water hoses that are open-ended? Are you tired of the old thumb-over-the-mouth-of-the-hose trick? What about of making puddles when washing your car or dog? Or perhaps you’re just looking for a really simple way to save money. If so, it may be time to invest in an automatic shut-off nozzle. I use the word “invest” lightly – these cost around $7. Not only do they solve the problems listed above, they just plain look cool. While there are several fancy options on the market today, the most common hose nozzles look like the one pictured. These cost very little and work very well.
The function is basic: they shut off the flow of water when you are not gripping the trigger. By performing this simple task, this little device can do so much for you:
- Save hundreds of dollars in the long run by conserving water when you’re not using it
- Keep your working areas free of bothersome puddles by eliminating excess runoff
- Deliver pressure for tasks that need it, such as watering from a distance
- Adjust your type of spray, focused or wide, for different uses
- Help the environment by reducing pollution caused by water runoff flowing into storm drains, which drain to the ocean
They don’t look like much, but these little guys are some of the best tools ever invented. If each and every hose connected to a house had one of these on the other end, the world would be a better place.